International English for Speakers of Other Languages (IESOL)
We offer International English for Speakers of other Languages (IESOL) classes to students and adults. This IESOL course is designed to help non-native speakers to develop English Language skills needed for job and academic performance, highlighting practical use of English for everyday job-related and personal situations.
The course of study is based on an integrated skills approach with listening, speaking, reading, writing and grammar components; fluency and accuracy in both spoken and written English Language are emphasized; small class sizes allow each participant optimum individual attention and an opportunity to engage and develop conversational skills. There is also a cultural component of the course where students are exposed to the Jamaican language, music and cultural hotspots.
Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)
We also offer the TEFL qualification. This course leads to an international recognized qualification, enabling candidates to gain an initial language teaching qualification in communicative and modern language methods.
Our instructors are experienced EFL instructors trained in EFL teaching and/or related field(s). The cadre of instructors speaks at least two languages with several years of experience teaching English to international students in academic settings and is active professionally in the field of EFL.
Participants should be able to:
– Demonstrate understanding of the foundation for effectively planning and presenting learning sessions
– Demonstrate a general understanding of, and familiarity with the world of teaching English as a Foreign Language including general terminology, the profession’s qualifications, further training options and career opportunities.
– Demonstrate a good grasp and a basic understanding of the communicative approach to teaching English as a Foreign Language.
– Practice and receive feedback on facilitation skills
This highly interactive course uses a combination of leader presentation, visual aids, lively group discussions, skill practice, personal feedback, individual application, use of workbooks and exercises to understand adult training and development.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for professionals who want to gain a more thorough understanding of how to design and conduct training programs.
Professionals who can benefit from the course include:
– Popular Radio/Media Personalities
– Training Managers
– Human Resource Practitioners
For more information about our online TEFL course click here